You are using an unsupported browser. Please update your browser to the latest version on or before July 31, 2020.
Home > Medical and Carer Certificates > Can Qoctor provide a Workcover certificate?
Can Qoctor provide a Workcover certificate?
print icon

Qoctor is unable to provide Workcover (workers compensation) certificates. However, we can provide medical certificates for periods of sick leave or carer's leave. To request a medical certificate, book a consultation with one of our doctors here.


WorkCover insurance covers employers for the cost of benefits if employees are injured while at work/ill because of their work.

If you need a Workcover certificate, here is some advice about how to go about getting one:


  • Given the need for a detailed assessment, with regard to a person's capacity to work (and hopefully to facilitate a safe return to work), it is best for an employee to see their regular doctor/local GP to get a Workcover certificate.


  • We advise you to make an appointment to see your regular GP, or find a local GP if you do not already have one. To find a GP near you, try searching in your area/ suburb via Healthshare. Alternatively, ask local friends or family, or enquire via a local pharmacist or other healthcare professional, as they'll often know which local practices are popular and/or have availability.
  • Where Workcover claims continue for a period of time, it is definitely in your best interest to stick to one doctor for your review appointments and ongoing certificates- this means the nature of your health issue as well as your recovery can be well documented and managed. If your usual doctor is not available for some reason, it is worth discussing with another doctor at the same practice who may be able to review your medical notes and assist you in the interim. 


For more information on getting a Workcover certificate /workers compensation in your state or territory search below:

0 out of 0 found this helpful

scroll to top icon